16 Important Facts about Formaldehyde
A collection of informative facts about formaldehyde, including its effects, composition, and application. If you are advised by your doctor to reduce contact with formaldehyde, it is important to determine where you are exposed to formaldehyde. Purchasing of an air purifier that removes formaldehyde may be a necessary step, as well.
1. Formaldehyde is a gas at room temperatures.
2. Because formaldehyde is a gas at room temperatures, it is classified as Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs.
3. Small amounts of formaldehyde exist in a wide variety of household products, including clothes, furniture, paints, carpet, and upholstery.
4. Formaldehyde is a common indoor pollutant since it is so heavily used in the woodworking industry. 辦公室除甲醛
5. Formaldehyde is used in textiles to keep fabrics from forming creases.
6. The majority of formaldehyde is created in naturally occurring processes in the atmosphere.
7. Formaldehyde was the first polyatomic organic molecule discovered to exist in space.
8. Most of the formaldehyde used is in the making of its resins.
9. In addition to preservation in the embalming process, formaldehyde will also disinfect, which aids in preservation.
10. Formaldehyde is a component of testing kits for MDMA (commonly known as “ecstasy”).
11. Formaldehyde is easily metabolized in humans so it will not accumulate in the body.
12. Formaldehyde is released into the air from the burning of certain wood products, natural gas, kerosene, cars, and cigarettes.
13. The levels of formaldehyde in an environment depend on the type of material releasing it along with the temperature, the level of humidity, and the level of air circulation.